lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error

From: pg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.14 on OS/390 compile error
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:16:10 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, Thomas E. Dickey said:

> Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:07:01 -0500 (EST)
>
> On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Phil Sidler wrote:
>
> > trying to compile lynx2.8.4dev.14 on os/390 V2R9.
> >
> > 1. found I had to define _ALL_SOURCE which configure doesn't set.  Otherwise
> > I get syntax errors in <netinet/in.h> (which I don't quite understand).

Me either.  Either IBM Level 1 or the MVS-OE list provided this to me.  But I
thought I had this covered.  In:

   Linkname: ./configure

I find:

case $host_os in
openedition)
        : ${CFLAGS="-D_ALL_SOURCE -Wl,EDIT=NO"}
        : ${CC=c89}
        ;;
esac

Eek!  These are no-oped out!  But why are they working for me?  But
what does your config.status say for host_os?

> > 2. Compile errors in HTAlert.c
> >
> >   ERROR CBC3051 ./HTAlert.c:813   Case expression must be a valid integral
> > constant.
> >   ERROR CBC3051 ./HTAlert.c:814   Case expression must be a valid integral
> > constant.
> >
> > This is because LYCharINTERRUPT1 & LYCharINTERRUPT2 resolve to FROMASCII(.)
> > which resolves to an extern char array reference (which is not a constant.)
>
> duh (sorry I didn't notice that).  The simplest solution is to make them
> resolve to constants, of course.

I've been busy with my paying job and haven't built Lynx since dev.11.  This
is embarassing since I suggested that tweak to Tom.  :-(

Making them resolve to constants should still be character-set dependent.
Some of this is done in src/LYCharVals.h after the "#ifdef    EBCDIC".
Tom, have you any suggestions on style?

Thanks,
gil
--