lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Display problem with dev.13

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Display problem with dev.13
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 04:58:38 -0500

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 11:46:32PM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> I've been having trouble backing out just those changes, because
> of the interdependencies of multiple files. I was able to verify,
> however, that the problem with the display occurs with the patch from
> dev.11 to dev.12. The status line in dev.11 is at the bottom of the
> screen and in dev.12 it is one line above the bottom. I looked through
> the patch file and don't see what is causing the problem. Is this also
> a problem on other platforms? I'll try to look some more, when I get

It's not a problem on Linux (ncurses).

I'll run some tests on the win32 version later (which at least does use
pdcurses, though now the configuration you're building).

> some time. It looks like you integrated some of the code that was
> ifdefed "EXP_READPROGRESS" into the main code. I've been compiling
> without "EXP_READPROGRESS", if that makes a difference.

that may be it (I don't know, but yes, I'm building with the read-eta logic) -
all that I recall in that vein is that there's some stray variables being
computed for determining the threshold that aren't strictly necessary for the
non-EXP_READPROGRESS case.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com