lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bytes sec?
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:43:14 +0900 (JST)

> > That suggests your "stand alone edition" was modified (hacked)
> > at the source code level to not show the download rate.
>
> no: early versions of Lynx didn't show the rate

Sorry, I guess I misinterpreted her message.  I thought
she meant the Lynxes she used over telnet showed the rate
but without the "kb/sec," while her personal Lynx, the so-
called "stand alone edition," didn't show the rate at all.

> could you do a patch to add `none' to the  lynx.cfg  item?

No.

Just so it's clear: any patch I would work up would be
to remove the entire counting mechanism from the code.
Probably I would add a static message like "fetch in
progress" to the status line.  I would inform lynx-dev of
the URL where people could pick it up, but of course it
would not be intended for integration (personal use only).

__Henry