lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx and automatic retrieval of SSL page

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx and automatic retrieval of SSL page
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 08:10:30 +0100 (BST)

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> Yes (the current development version can record and playback keystrokes).
> The 2.8.3 version would have to be run via 'expect'.

I'm a little concerned about this on two grounds:

1) it's not a core function of Lynx and would be better done with the
   Windows recorder applet or something like expect.  If there is a gap in
   the "market", because the former transmits blind and the latter doesn't
   record, it still needs a separate tool.

2) there are privacy risks where a copy of lynx is shared.