lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: IRIX 5.3 binary:

From: Bob Izenberg
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: IRIX 5.3 binary:
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:11:19 -0500

The message below from "Thomas E. Dickey" <address@hidden>
was forwarded by the moderator.

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Philip Webb wrote:

> 001002 Maldonado Chico,Fco. Javier,Esplugas,EXTERNO wrote:
> > Thnx, but i cannot receive files greather than 1 MB .
>
> what i sent was  660 K .
>
> > Can u split it in files of 800K and resend it?
>
> i can try, but you'ld better suggest exactly how to do it.
see the 'split' program (it can split a file into sections).
I assume it was >1Mb because any form of mime/uuencode/etc will
make the file at least twice as large.

Try (untested):
        gzip lynx
        uuencode lynx.gz lynx.gz >foo.
        split -l 10000 foo.
to make foo.aa, etc., which can be mailed.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com