lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Curses and Resize (again)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Curses and Resize (again)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:22:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> But about the ^L -- it seems that something is stashing
> away the original value of COLS or LYcols, in order to
> use it only when ^L is pressed.  Has anyone any ideas how
> this is happening?

Yes, I have the idea that it's your curses library that is doing that
and not lynx; that it isn't about LYcols (lynx's variable) which
proably gets updated fine and which your curses library does not
know about; and that, if your curses library chooses to hang on to
an old value, there's probably little that the lynx code can do to
convince it otherwise (except perhaps by poking in structures that should
be private to the curses implementation).

   Klaus