lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: da.po file

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: da.po file
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 21:42:26 -0400

On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 09:44:46PM -0400, Webmaster Jim wrote:
> Besides serving as placeholders for missing translations (e.g.,
> Spanish), the po files are used by configure to create the proper
> makefile structure (see line after "dnl Set of available languages
> (based on source distribution)" in configure.in). If the placeholder
> wasn't there, and you just copied a full po file there after running
> configure, then the message file would not get built or installed. IIRC,
> this configure step was done so we would not have to hard code the
> languages into the makefiles anywhere (but we do need to remember the
> placeholder files ;-).

Is there any strong objection to the da.po placeholder file being added
to the distribution based on the above? If so, please propose some
alternate configure method. If not, Tom, please add the da.po file on
the next update.

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: