lynx-dev

lynx-dev IIS blocking?

From: Brendan Halpin
Subject: lynx-dev IIS blocking?
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 11:25:55 +0100

I'm using Lynx in a script to test links on a local site, using the
output from "lynx -dump -head http://www.xxx.yyy/zzz.html";. This
works well except with (some) IIS hosts, which seem to block --
"lynx -dump -head" just hangs, while "lynx -head" flashes up the
HTTP code, and then hangs. "lynx -source" and "lynx -dump -source"
work okay.

What's going on? Are these servers misconfigured? Is IIS web
compatible? Or am I just displaying my ignorance?

Brendan Halpin

--
Brendan Halpin                                 | E-mail: address@hidden
Institute for Social and Economic Research     |          PGP key on servers