lynx-dev

lynx-dev No Need For Proprietary Markup

From: Mark Canlas
Subject: lynx-dev No Need For Proprietary Markup
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:08:03 -0400

Lynx-specific tags would probably deter webmasters from designing for Lynx
(and the WaSP might yell at the Lynx dev team). Adding more tags would
just be a head ache for designers to learn. Plus, what tags would Lynx
possibly need? Authors should just pay more attention on how their page
is designed. Why add to the problem?

Mark Canlas : address@hidden : http://users.bergen.org/~marcan/

By the way, it would just add more code bloat to the parser that Lynx
already has.