lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links

From: A. R. Vener
Subject: Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:06:25 -0400 (EDT)

This is how my Caldera Linux uses termcap as well.

It also just occurred to me that the termcap I sent to the list
must not be the one I'm actually using because
when I do an export TERM=vt100, I do pick up a new
termcap. However, the TERMCAP variable remains set to
whatever screen defines even though it is no longer used.

Therefore the TERM variable must still be used, even if the
TERMCAP variable is set to a descriptor. Maybe it works that way
because the TERMCAP descriptor doesn't use 'vt100' as one of its names.

I think it uses sc|vt 100|ANSI Virtual Terminal
or something similar.

Rudy