lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev curses working but new problem with highlighted links
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 07:57:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, A. R. Vener wrote:

> My terminal does color alright. I had the devils own time turning it
> off on the Linux 'ls' command.  I haven't been too curious about the lack of
> color on lynx because I don't want it anyway.  But now I'm starting to wonder
> if the lack of color is a symptom in and of itself. Is this something I would
> normally have to turn off? Is lynx supposed to default to using colors?
>
> > > In all cases I was running without a .lynxrc file so lynx was
> > > not picking up any local options.

Are you SURE that you don't have a .lynxrc file in your HOME
directory? This could explain color being off by default. One
suggestion to try as an immediate fix. Try changing your md definition
to empty (i.e., set md=: in your termcap. Does this do what you wanted
(at least for lynx)?
                                 Doug
__
Doug Kaufman