lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Locale not working (Danish translation)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Locale not working (Danish translation)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:29:26 +0900 (JST)

> Thanks, I needed to follow Atsuhito's advice, then it worked.

Good.  If you intended to use the gettext package bundled in the
lynx distribution, then of course you are bound to its rules.

> >> - placed lynx.mo in /usr/local/share/locale/da/LC_MESSAGES
> >                                               ^^
> > If using GNU, I believe that directory name would have to be the literal
> > string you use in your environment variable, namely "da_DK," not just "da."
>
> This also enables Danish messages but without the special Danish
> characters.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  By changing the name of the directory
to "da_DK" you lost the use of special Danish character handling?  From
your message, it seemed to me that you wanted to do (GNU syntax):
"LANG=da_DK"
"LANGUAGE=da"

> >> What fails me?
>
> > Enough badgering of Tom for one day :)
>
> If that translates into tired, yes I certainly was ;)

Not really.  It meant exactly that autoconf was not expecting a string
like "lynx2.8.4dev3.po" with an undefined path.

Maybe you'd like to write up a "README.intl" to put in the docs sub-
directory as a reward for your efforts :)

__Henry