lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.4dev.2.patch.gz

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: lynx2.8.4dev.2.patch.gz
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:13:40 +0900 (JST)

> were no improvements in that area, in fact iirc, the newer version had
> an extra bug in the logic that recognized the non-GNU gettext).

Wouldn't know whether to refer to it as a bug or not, but there is an
option to install the tools with a "g" prefix, e.g., "xgettext" becomes
"gxgettext," _which is documented_ for people installing on Solaris.
I cannot believe that you have done much if any exercising of the tools
included in the intl _package_ distributed with Lynx because you would
become immediately aware of their "brokenness."  It's not just the
library and include files that are important.  If you wish to argue that
those are all you are concerned with, then I repeat my question: what
makes libintl so different from libz, or libncurses for that matter, that
it has to be bundled in?

__Henry