lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Bug in handling of POST's

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug in handling of POST's
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:35:32 +0100 (BST)

> The version I am using is "Lynx/2.8.3rel.1 libwww-FM/2.14 SSL-MM/1.4.1
> OpenSSL/0.9.4".

This version has a void licence to re-distribute because of GPL clause 7.
(I'm not convinced that clause 8 can be invoked without the consent of all
copyright owners, but it would have to be explicitly invoked, anyway.)

It's also illegal to use it in the USA, where most Lynx developers are.
(This would be true regardless of commercial use, although you appear to be
using it commercially, which would require royalty payments in the USA,
Japan, and maybe other countries - the US is pressuring the EEC to make
this the case in Europe.)

It would help, therefore, if you reproduced the problem on a freely
distributable version of Lynx, although it seems relatively unlikely that
this will make a difference.