lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Special TAG for lynx

From: Natasha Live
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Special TAG for lynx
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 01:52:09 +0000

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 01:27:04AM +0200, Florian Zumbiehl wrote:
Florian> Hi all!
Florian>
Florian> I just had an idea - probably it's already implemented or alike...
Florian>
Florian> How about a special tag that gives one the possibility to make things
Florian> invisible in Lynx or to insert things into the HTML code that are
visible
Florian> in Lynx only.
Florian>
Florian> This would be fine sometimes when I want to insert an additional
Florian> line break to make it look better in Lynx (while in other browsers
Florian> the additional break would make it look worse)...
Florian>
Florian> Bye, Florian
Florian>

Err, isn't this type of behaviour frowned upon? It would be like the Netscape
and IE forcing new tags in the HTML specs, but without the backing power.

You can say that there are infact tags out there that are useful for lynx.
<NOFRAMES> is a example and maybe <noscript>.

Live
--
|  mailto://address@hidden  | Lynx Browser :     |