lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Japanese messages not packaged?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Japanese messages not packaged?
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 12:32:45 +0900 (JST)

> There is no ja.po in
> <http://lynx.isc.org/release/lynx-2.8.3.tar.gz>, which is announced on

There could be multiple "ja.po"s out there, but please do NOT bundle in the
Lynx distribution any "ja.po" file, past or present, that I have worked on.
Thank you for respecting that request.  (I'd prefer also not to have to think
about a "placeholder," too.)  I have no problem with your giving interested
parties a reference in the Flora archives to the (very out-of-date) ja.po.bz2
on my lab's site,

> (Debian used to package a
>    /usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/lynx.mo

It's for Debian to figure out if they should have that compiled catalogue
in their distribution.

__Henry

;
;