lynx-dev

lynx-dev Two fixes (INSTALLATION and lynx_help_main.html)

From: Frederic L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Two fixes (INSTALLATION and lynx_help_main.html)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 07:06:21 -0300

Hello. Two possible fixes:

INSTALLATION:

Step 2.  Passive FTP
    If your system requires the PASV FTP code instead of the standard
    PORT FTP code (e.g., to deal with a firewall) then edit "WWW/Library/
    Implementation/HTFTP.c" and comment out line 43 like so:
             /*  #define LISTEN   /* @@@@ Test LJM */.

Shouldn't it be removed? There's no "/*  #define LISTEN   /*
@@@@ Test LJM */" nor #define LISTEN in HTFTP.c, and now this
is part of lynx.cfg, right? I don't know why it's in 'III.
Compile instructions -- VMS' too but...

In lynx_help_main.html http://www.fts.frontec.se/%7Edast/curl/
should be changed to http://curl.haxx.nu/ .

BTW, I think that Pavuk, another tool like GNU Wget deserves a
place there.

Take a look at http://www.idata.sk/~ondrej/pavuk/

Unlike GNU Wget it's actively developed and can do too many
things to list (supports gopher, SSL, and can be compiled with
a GTK+). I use it to mirror and download files.

--
Frédéric L. W. Meunier

;