lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Lynx 2.8.3
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 07:34:26 -0400

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 01:37:05PM -0500, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Webmaster Jim wrote:
>
> >   Lynx 2.8.3 has been released.  I don't know who's doing the
> > package work, but the home page has changed:
> >
> > Old:
> > MASTER_SITES=   http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8-2/
> > MAINTAINER= address@hidden
> > HOMEPAGE=   http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/
> >
> > New:
> > MASTER_SITES=       http://lynx.isc.org/release/
> > HOMEPAGE=   http://lynx.isc.org/
>
> There's a lynx-current, which I could update to 2-8-3 easily. As far
> as updating the main lynx package to 2-8-3, there are a few issues:
>
> 1) The IPv6 patch supplied with last week's pre-release version had
> fallen out of date, and didn't apply cleanly.
>
> 2) Socks support was said to broken still with last weeks pre-release
> version. We have SOCKS + IPv6, finally, in the 2-8-2 package.
>
> 3) I made the lynx-current package pull in ssl support
> unconditionally, hoping that the crypto issues would all be resolved
> before the release went final. Assuming the first two items are
> addressed, we have to decide if we want a "NO_PACKAGE" lynx, or one
> lynx without https:// or snews:// support plus one lynx-ssl, or what.

Frederick:

  Thank you for the feedback. I'm forwarding this to the Lynx developers
list so we can get some people working on the bugfixes. As far as which
packages NetBSD includes, I would suggest a lynx283, maybe one for ssl,
and definitely a lynx-current as we move into 2.8.4.

Jim

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
Come on then; let's get this over with as soon as possible.