lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: FWIW -- ftp.clark.net is FUBAR

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev Re: FWIW -- ftp.clark.net is FUBAR
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 100 06:26:01 -0400 (EDT)

> At this time, ftp.clark.net does not accept anonymous logins.

yes - they're busy screwing up my account.  I'm going to need a new
home for my ftp files and probably the webpage.  This is the only
clue (other than a rumor about a month ago to the effect that Verio
wanted a different set of customers than those it has):

from /etc/motd
.
.       !! Shell server is now 161.58.8.77
.          Log in via telnet (ie. telnet 161.58.8.77)
.          DNS for shell.clark.net will point to it soon.
.
.       !! www.clark.net and ftp.clark.net (aka allison.clark.net) is also
.          now 161.58.8.77 -- files can be found in the .myweb directory

I have been responding to the rumor, but didn't expect to be ready
before early May.  At the moment, the account to which they've "migrated"
my files is 20% over a hard quota (so I can't add to it unless I delete
the last of my local tools - then it'll be right at the quota).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden