lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev freebsd build

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev freebsd build
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 100 11:42:47 -0500 (EST)

> Compiling dev20 on FreeBSD yesterday I was surprized with following:
> by default it was built with curses (no FANSY_CURSES, no colors).
> Trying --with-screen=slang shows "no slang library available"

It will build with slang afaik -- provided that slang is installed.

(I do test-build slang on the platforms where it builds - that's
about half of the platforms that I test on).

> and --with-screen=ncurses built it ok with colors.
>
> The question: could configure made some heuristics to use ncurses
> when the original curses have no color support?
>
> It was done automatically on Linux (perhaps, curses have a soft link
> to ncurses there).

That's the reason: lynx defaults to "curses", however that is installed.
It will be ncurses for any system where ncurses is the default curses
implementation.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden