lynx-dev

lynx-dev Is there any way to feed input to lynx on STDIN?

From: pete peterson
Subject: lynx-dev Is there any way to feed input to lynx on STDIN?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 05:38:34 -0500

I have a number of scripts that process information from the web,
using lynx to fetch the data.  This works fine for many sites, but not
for sites using SSL encryption.  For these, I use curl to fetch the
data, but it delivers it as HTML, so I'd like to use lynx as a filter
to turn it to readable or easy to process text.  I tried various
things like using "-" as the file name, but have been unable to find a
way to feed the STDOUT of curl into lynx on STDIN.  At present, I have
to write the curl output to a file and then read the file with lynx.
I've scoured the documentation with no luck.

Is there a way to do this?

        pete

        pete peterson
        GenRad, Inc.
        7 Technology Park Drive
        Westford, MA 01886-0033

        address@hidden or address@hidden
        +1-978-589-7478 (GenRad);  +1-978-256-5829 (Home: Chelmsford, MA)
        +1-978-589-2088 (Closest FAX); +1-978-589-7007 (Main GenRad FAX)