lynx-dev

lynx-dev crash reports (was Dutch babies)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev crash reports (was Dutch babies)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:10:49 -0500

000129 T.E.Dickey wrote:
> I've been very slow the past couple of weeks because my wife was expecting.

000129 Philip Webb reminded:
>> BTW everyone else: i sent in  2  (two) crash reports this month,
>> which no-one has commented on so far: they're beyond my skills.
> I've been collecting as usual, but the crash reports - I see this one:
>>so far, no-one has responded to my (3), which is the most serious:
>>Lynx crashes if you include  2  %s's  in your EXTERNAL definition.
>>see my message 000114 for details.
>>surely Lynx should NEVER just crash ... (frown)?
> this one I thought I'd fixed quite a while ago
> perhaps when I merged in HS's code
> I overlooked going back & repairing the use of fixed buffers.

i'm still using dev.14 , so if you fixed it since then, no problem.
the other one was yesterday, abstracted from a different report
by a lady in Scotland, whom i asked to try the latest versions:
she sounded computer-literate & was using Linux,
but maybe we should wait to see if she comes back.