lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev changes for Japanese (was: Re: reading SJIS docs)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev changes for Japanese (was: Re: reading SJIS docs)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 19:28:54 +0900 (JST)

> The macros are:
>     USE_TH_JP_AUTO_DETECT
[...]
>     CONV_JISX0201KANA_TO_JISX0208KANA
[...]
>     ALLOW_KANJI_CODE_OVERRIDE
>         enable kanji code override routine.
>         The code can be changed by ^L.
>         More precisely, this enables us to change the assumption kanji
>         code for the document. This assumption overrides the charaset
[...]
> I'm sorry these macro names seem to be too long. I don't have good

Eventually I hope that the first two will just become the default, and
can be done away with as far as any compile-time configuration.  In that
case, having descriptive names is an advantage.  I think you could just
drop the "ALLOW_" on the third one, and it would become a decent length.

I have not had time to do empirical testing, but in "theory" your
implementations are a radical improvement in Japanese document handling.
It should really be smooth sailing now.

__Henry