lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Personal mail address
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 18:02:26 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:
>
> > program, a long time ago. Commenting out NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL works for mailto
> > and comments but not for "Mail the file". It would be a good idea to comment
> > out NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL in the default userdefs.h, to extend it to "Mail the
>
> Yes, the default has been wrong (contradicting the documentation) for a long
> time.  I brought it up here:

I had forgotten about that discussion. Thanks for the references.
Since the default changed,I have been commenting out the
NO_ANONYMOUS_EMAIL define in all the DOS binaries that I have
distributed. I agree with changing the default back. Since this is one
of the few items that can't be specified with the configure script,
I would hope that someone on the list more familiar than I am with
configure can put this in the configure script. We can then put the
documentation of whatever configure option name is chosen (e.g.,
"--anonymous-email") in the INSTALLATION file.
                          Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden