lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Converting HTML to Text with Lynx

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Converting HTML to Text with Lynx
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:30:01 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Philip Webb wrote:
>000110 Klaus Weide wrote:
>> 000109 John Powell wrote:
>>> Is there anyway to get LYNX (lynx -dump ...) to convert HTML to Text
>>> without putting in the [link] notations throughout the document
>-- snip --
>> What [link] notations?  In general you cannot completely eliminate them,
>> tbut they probably shouldn't be there for "good" HTML.
>
>maybe he means link numbers,
>which can be suppressed using  lynx.cfg  or the Options Menu.

This has been discussed before.

It seems to me and at least on other lynx-dev reader that it makes sense to
NEVER show link numbers in -dump mode, since they only make sense for
interactive use.  I'm not sure if this has been fixed, since I admit that I am
not seeing the problem anymore..  That is, my daily emailed imdb (done via
a crontab entry that calls lynx on the page and mails it to me) doesn't have
link numbers anymore, and I _don't_ have a -nonumber_links or whatever it's
called.  I do have a "-crawl" and don't remember why I have that so it's
probably related to this.

Sorry for the rambling, but basically, just another vote for making link
numbers never show up in -dump mode.