lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Revenge of the cookies...

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Revenge of the cookies...
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:47:30 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Elwin Oost wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Some time ago I wrote you about a cookie problem, which was fixed
> back then. However, it seems to be broken again, both in non- and
> interactive mode :-/

I remember...

But I don't think it was ever fixed *for -source*, in the distributed
code.  Maybe you fixed it yourself.

In *interactive mode*, cookie saving seems to work just fine for me.

> If, for example, I use lynx -source http://www.cnet.com, no cookie is
> saved although it's supposed to last until 2037. It seems like
> LYSaveCookies isn't called at all.
>
> I tried 2.8.2rel1 as well as the most recent 2.8.3.development.

If that means 2.8.3dev17 - for -dump, you need to set the new option:

# COOKIE_SAVE_FILE is the default file in which persistent cookies are
# stored at exit, if Lynx was compiled with EXP_PERSISTENT_COOKIES and the
# PERSISTENT_COOKIES option is enabled.  The cookie save file can also be
# specified on the command line.
#
# With an interactive Lynx session, COOKIE_SAVE_FILE will default to
# COOKIE_FILE if it is not set.  With a non-interactive Lynx session (e.g.,
# -dump), cookies will only be saved to file if COOKIE_SAVE_FILE is set.
#
#COOKIE_SAVE_FILE:~/.lynx_cookies

For -source, it's ultimately supposed to work the same way, but we are
still working on it  (or rather, BJP is - see messages from
brian j pardy <address@hidden> in the recent archive).

> My relevant options:
>
> SET_COOKIES:TRUE
> ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES:TRUE
> PERSISTENT_COOKIES:TRUE
> COOKIE_FILE:~/.lynx_cookies
>
> Next is a tracelog.

That's for -source; no surprise it doesn't save cookies now, it
never did.

   Klaus