lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Login to hotmail problem

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Login to hotmail problem
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:40:23 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Majid Alkahwati wrote:

>Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:36:01 +1100
>From: Majid Alkahwati <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: lynx-dev Login to hotmail problem
>
>Dear Sir/Madam
>I want  login to hotmail from Lynx but i got error"  This client dose
>not contain support for HTTPS URLs" .Is that mean i can not use lynx to
>login to hotmail
>or what is the reason ?
>thank you for your helping
>my email is address@hidden

You need to compile in SSL support into Lynx.  You can find the info linked
to from lynx.browser.org.  (I don't know exactly where it is.)

You also need SSL linked in to use many commercial sites (such as my stock
site and my bank site) with Lynx.

By the way, I'm making an exception now, but if you are not a member of
the mailing list, please don't expect people to go out of their way to
mail you responses directly.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that's the
impression I get by your reference to your email address at the end (rather
than a generic .sig attached to every message).