lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Setting mailer in Lynx

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Setting mailer in Lynx
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:12:41 -0800 (PST)

*** Robert Dansereau wrote in the Lynx list today:

:) I believe I have the current version of Lynx, and was wondering if it is
:) possible to use another mailing program other than the built-in one?  I
:) can't seem to find the configuration, or is it at all possible?

Dear Robert,

  I wrote a patch for lynx, which allows you to use another mailer (like
pine). You can pick it up from the address below. Please read the
instructions, where you have to write the path to the location of pine in
your system. There is no default. The patch works for any version of pine
bigger than 4.00, so upgrade your version of pine, or if you are
interested I can try to modify it so that you can use it with 3.96. My
advice is that you upgrade to pine4.21, which is a great version of pine.

  Let me know if this is what you wanted, and if it worked for you. Have a
nice day.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/