lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev "hanging" after d)ownloading large file

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "hanging" after d)ownloading large file
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:26:22 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, Henry Nelson wrote:

> After d)ownloading a file over about 400KB, Lynx "hangs" with the status
> message: "Data transfer complete."  I'm not patient enough to wait to see
> how long it would stay that way.  I can press ^G to go directly to the
> Download Options menu, and successfully save to disk the downloaded file,
> which seems to be complete.  Doesn't happen with short files of a few KB.
> dev.16

Is this repeateable?  Did it happen with one file, or with several?

Did you have -partial on?  Does it make a difference?

Did you have SOURCE_CACHE on?  Does it make a difference?

Did you try keys other than ^G (like up-arrow etc.)

What does it do whaen it hangs?  Does it consume CPU time?
What do lsof/truss/strace... say?

And, sorry but I have to ask... did you 'make clean'?

  Klaus