lynx-dev

lynx-dev link hidden by error (was: a mailto being shown as a link??)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev link hidden by error (was: a mailto being shown as a link??)
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 06:12:28 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> On the main page, http://www.tvhost.com, there is text that talks
> about the FAQ.
>
> I originally complained that they should put a link to the FAQ there
> rather than links hidden in lower pages.
>
> But it really IS a link to the FAQ.  It just doesn't show up as a link
> in Lynx.

The arsenal of mechanisms to make such links (hidden by broken HTML) visible
contains:
  1) The 'L'ist page (or 'A'ddrlist).  See "Hidden links".
  2) The -hidenlinks command line option.  Try -hiddenlinks=merge.
  3) The SWITCH_DTD key (^V by default), and corresponding 'O'ption
     ("HTML error recovery"), command line switch (-tagsoup), and lynx.cfg
     option (TAGSOUP).

  Klaus