lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev file uploads in forms

From: rjp
Subject: Re: lynx-dev file uploads in forms
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:27:04 +0000

In message <address@hidden>,
           Klaus Weide writes:
> [*] Except for some code in the devel code that doesn't work properly
> afaik.

The original base64 code worked fine, but no-one supports the
Content-Transfer-Encoding header that the RFC recommends should be used.
The newer raw-byte version does work, but only in some situations.
Having just had to write some file upload handling code for work,
I think I've got a better idea how to go about doing it in Lynx,
so I'll be redoing the raw-byte patch soon.  Probably this weekend,
since I'll probably need to upload files with Lynx to test things.

> (Maybe "multipart/form-data" handling was disabled in 2.7.2 for some
> strange reason, but I don't know a good reason why that would be the
> case.)

Handling multipart/form-data in ASP files isn't fun.  At all.
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/