lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (patch) INSTALLATION & Options refs

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) INSTALLATION & Options refs
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 00:05:49 -0800

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 06:09:37PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > `cp' is a standard English abbreviation for `compare': the majority of
> > English speakers (incl non-natives) should know it.

I doubt that most English-speakers know it, since the place
that I've seen it mostly (or only) is as a reference in
a (legal?) text, to compare what was just said to
some other work (name following the cp).

Or maybe I'm wrong ... what is "cf" -- same thing, but
implies that the "other work" says the OPPOSITE?

(Most English speakers in the world are maybe U.S.
"couch potatoes", believing in flying saucers, ESP,
etc.)    :-(

David