lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (patch) INSTALLATION & Options refs

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) INSTALLATION & Options refs
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 18:01:49 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> `cp' is a standard English abbreviation for `compare':
> the majority of English speakers (incl non-natives) should know it.

Perhaps this is true in Canada. I have lived in several parts of the
United States and consider myself fairly literate. I have never seen
that abbreviation used, either academically or in the community. I did
find it in the dictionary to mean either compare or coupon.
                              Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden