lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (patch) INSTALLATION

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) INSTALLATION
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:15:27 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> below is a patch to tidy up & clarify `General Configuration Instructions
> (all ports)' in INSTALLATION; i hope it doesn't change any content.
> please read it from the point of view of Joe User or Jill Sysadmin,
> who are approaching Lynx for the first time.

Thanks. This generally looks good. See a few suggestions below.

> +  If you are using configure (e.g. with UNIX or Cygwin), you don't strictly
> +  need to make any changes in  userdefs.h , but it is wise to check there
> +  to make sure e.g. that the location of  lynx.cfg  is correctly defined.

The location of lynx.cfg should be set with --libdir= option to the
configure script. The location can be checked in lynx_cfg.h after
configure has run, if necessary. As far as I know, the location won't
be written to userdefs.h.

> +Step 4.  News for UNIX and VMS.

and DOS and WIN32. Are there any platforms where this doesn't apply?
                              Doug

__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden