lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev How do I debug a HPUX/Lynx problem?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How do I debug a HPUX/Lynx problem?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 10:36:21 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Tan Bronson wrote:

> We've been using Lynx from our application for several years, and now that
> we're trying to move to HPUX11 (from HPUX10.20) we find that lynx no longer
> works when called from "inside" our application. Lynx runs fine on HPUX11
> from a shell, but not when called with "system" from our application.
> There are three symptoms:
> 1) Arrow keys no longer work
> 2) To quit from lynx requires a 'q' AND a carriage return).
> 3) If the page being viewed is large, you cannot move to the next page by
> pressing "space".

1. Did you recompile Lynx?
(I don't know whether this question even makes sense, i.e. how binary
compatible those OS versions are.  But if you are trying to run the
same binary, try to recompile.)

2. You maight want to try compiling with the slang library if you are
using curses, or vice versa.

3. I would dump all environment variables
  (a) as seen by a an 'env' called with "system" exactly as you call lynx,
  (b) as seen in an interactive shell,
  sort and compare.
  (Maybe similar with stty -a.)

   Klaus