lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev known bug?

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: Re: lynx-dev known bug?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 12:47:45 -0800 (PST)

*** Leonid Pauzner (address@hidden) wrote Today:
:)
:) Yes, user search currently can do its job on per line basis only,
:) it will not match if the word (or, precise, the search substring)
:) happen to be splitted between two lines. This became obvious when you
:) got a chance to see the same substring in a different layout.
:) Not a bug - just not implemented:(
:)
Th reason why I called it a bug was because I needed to find a word that
was broken in two lines. I was not a random experiment. I hope it will be
corrected/implemented in the future. Sometimes I find useful to search
through the list of links and I would like to be sure that a "String not
found" message meant "string is not present in the text".

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/