lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: external table filtering

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: external table filtering
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 08:15:45 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Philip Webb wrote:

> 991123 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > probably t2thtml can be improved to the level of Tom's latest t2tgrnest.
>
> this doesn't seem a profitable approach at all.
> TZ' t2tgrnest does a very good job on the OCAA tables.

Who cares about the OCAA tables, in the greater scheme of things? :)

> if you want to fit tables back into an HTML source for some reason,
> you should simply apply t2tgrnest & enclose the result in <pre> ... </pre> .

It seems you are completely forgetting about a major requirement for
"reasonable" table handling - keeping hyperlinks as hyperlinks.

Well, at least folks in that thread of June I already pointed you to though
that table support without links isn't useful:
   <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0699/msg00356.html>
   <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month0699/msg00366.html>

> referring to KW's other message yesterday,
> whether/not gawk is close enough to C for direct transplanting,
> the logic of the t2tgrnest functions sb easy to recast into C functions.

Go right ahead and prove it.

   ---

Or why not just use w3m for what w3m is good and lynx for what lynx is good?

(Yes, I also got w3m for the first time now.  Have you seen it PW?)

   Klaus