lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: praise for Lynx

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev Re: praise for Lynx
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:25:15 -0500 (EST)

991121 Thomas Dickey forwarded praise from Matthew Richards:
> I recently began using Lynx at home (via a PPP dialup / Shell Dialup)
> and it is absolutely great!  I support Compaq machines
> and am forced to use IE4 or IE5 at work which is fine,
> if you have multiple T3's and a 100MBPS switched backbone.
> However, Lynx has saved the day at home because I am using a machine
> that runs Win3.1 and a terminal program (at 56k).
> I am extremely happy to have a fast, powerful, text-based WWW interface.
> Lynx is quickly growing on me and I just wanted to share that with you
> or whoever else is paying attention.  Keep up the good work!

that makes all the volunteer developers feel good!
we know many people use Lynx -- as we do ourselves --
for the kinds of reasons you give, but since it's free software
there's little opportunity for customer feed-back.
2-8-3 should be out soon: check at  www.slcc.edu/lynx/release .

the place to send messages about Lynx is  address@hidden ,
where all the developers & kibbitzers will see them;
you can read past messages in the Archive at  www.flora.org/lynx-dev ;
the starting-place for information is  lynx.browser.org/ .