lynx-dev

lynx-dev Lynx, colors and underline

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: lynx-dev Lynx, colors and underline
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:00:41 -0500 (EST)

The problem we're having with colors and underline disappeared in dev.15 when
compiled with ncurses but not when compiled with slang. One document I use
for testing is

http://earthspace.net/The_sky/sky_top.html

When seen with dev.15-ncurses, colors 4, 5, 6 and 7 are correctly displayed
but with dev.15-slang colors 4 and 5 are displayed underlined, but not colors
6 and 7.

These are my color settings in lynx.cfg:

# COLORS (only available if compiled with SVr4 curses or slang)
#
# The line must be of the form:
# COLOR:Integer:Foreground:Background
#
# The Integer value is interpreted as follows:
#     0 - normal               - normal text
#     1 - bold                 - hyperlinks, see also BOLD_* options above
#     2 - reverse              - statusline
#     3 - bold + reverse                (not used)
#     4 - underline                   - text emphasis (EM, I, B tags etc.)
#     5 - bold + underline            - hyperlinks within text emphasis
#     6 - reverse + underline         - currently selected hyperlink
#     7 - reverse + underline + bold  - WHEREIS search hits
#
# Each Foreground and Background value must be one of:
#      black              red            green            brown
#       blue          magenta             cyan        lightgray
#       gray        brightred      brightgreen           yellow
# brightblue    brightmagenta       brightcyan            white
#
# or (if you have configured using --enable-default-colors with ncurses or
# slang), "default" may be used for foreground and background.
#
# Uncomment and change any of the compilation defaults.
#
COLOR:0:lightgray:black
COLOR:1:cyan:black
COLOR:2:brightred:black
COLOR:3:magenta:black
COLOR:4:green:black
COLOR:5:brightblue:black
COLOR:6:brown:black
COLOR:7:brightmagenta:black

Ismael
       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden    |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://ismael.cordeiro.com/   |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://pubnix.net/users/ismael |