lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: (not so simple) How to go to next page down screen?

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: (not so simple) How to go to next page down screen?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 12:24:31 +0400 (SAMT)

On Sat, 13 Nov 1999, David Combs wrote:

> That is, on a site where EVERY LINK (and there's LOTS of them
> on the screen) wants you to enter some text?
>

> Everything you type-in, including control-chars (of course), are
> taken as text-entry into (I guess) a text field.
>
> (I might have asked this some time ago, but I sure
> have forgotten the answer!)
>
> David

 You should preceed all keypresses that go into input fields with ^V (or use
arrow-up, arrow-down, PGUP, PGDOWN if your keyboard has them). May be some
terminal emulators will interpret this '^V' specially in their own way -
probably you'l have to press '^V' twice in this case.

 You could set 'STICKY_INPUTS:FALSE' in your lynx.cfg if you have rather
recent lynx - this will make all text inputs non-sticky - ie you'll have to
activate text input (as normal link - eg with ENTER) - to edit it.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad