lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev return from textarea editing (was: textarea no wrap ...)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev return from textarea editing (was: textarea no wrap ...)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:38:21 -0700

On Thu, Nov 11, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:

| On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
| >
| > I do find getting a "do you want to wrap" prompt all the time a rather
| > intrusive annoyance though, and would really appreciate a .cfg option
| > to disable it.
|
| It shouldn't happen "all the time" - I regard this as rather the
| exception, in the normal case the textarea lines should be wide enough.
| Am I wrong?

It all depends on what pages one accesses frequently, I suppose.

For myself, one of the TEXTAREA pages that I frequently access and
edit is the Guest Appearances form at imdb.com.

On my 80-col terminal, the TEXTAREA width is rendered somewhere around
50-60 chars in width.  Typical data length is 70-100 chars.

So I now get prompted about "wrapping" nearly every time I access/edit
this form (which is typically 1-3 times/day, or thereabout).  It's really
annoying not being able to turn it (wrap prompting) off entirely.

/kim