lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev return from textarea editing (was: textarea no wrap ...)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev return from textarea editing (was: textarea no wrap ...)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:22:13 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
> > I do find getting a "do you want to wrap" prompt all the time a rather
> > intrusive annoyance though, and would really appreciate a .cfg option
> > to disable it.
> >It shouldn't happen "all the time" - I regard this as rather the
> >exception, in the normal case the textarea lines should be wide enough.
> >Am I wrong?
>
> I'm getting it all the time as well - it seems to me whether the text
> fits into the area or not...

Try:
  - invoke external textarea editor
  - do something
  - save and return
  - get prompt, say, 'y', have it wrapped
  - invoke external textarea editor again
  - don't change anything, quit
Do you get the prompt a second time?

You should be able to make a more definite report than "it seems to
me" - does it happen when the text fits or not?  Easy enough to try -
make it one short word, or two short words, or nothing.

Note: try to make sure your editor doesn't leave lines with trailing
spaces (or check whether they have any effect).

   Klaus