lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Final, ultimate pdcurses/slang batch makefile for lynx

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Final, ultimate pdcurses/slang batch makefile for lynx
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:03:23 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 address@hidden wrote:
>
> > SET DEFINES=%DEFINES% -DEXP_CHARTRANS_AUTOSWITCH
>
> I thought that this was only for linux. Does it do something
> in Windows?

Linux; and OS/2 (__EMX__) apparently also makes some use of it.
I don't understand how - it seems the function that *does*
something, UCChangeTerminalCodepage, only can get called if
LINUX is defined.)

Most of the relevant code is ifdef'd with
   #ifdef EXP_CHARTRANS_AUTOSWITCH
   #ifdef LINUX

The only thing that can happen if neither LINUX nor __EMX__ is defined
is the following statement:

   CTRACE((tfp, "UCChangeTerminalCodepage: Called, but not implemented!"));

but even that won't happen since the function won't get called...
so it's worthless (but harmless) to define EXP_CHARTRANS_AUTOSWITCH
if you're on a system that doesn't have LINUX nor __EMX__ defined.
..unless vtailor changes something in his code in this respect.

> The note about this is INSTALLATION refers to
> docs/README.chartrans, which doesn't seem to exist in the current
> distribution.

?? It's still in the lynx2.8.3dev.14.tar.bz2 I downloaded.

   Klaus