lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev textarea no wrap but horiz scroll with form=virtual

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev textarea no wrap but horiz scroll with form=virtual
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:17:29 +0300 (MSK)

10-Nov-99 03:36 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:

>> You need to add:
>>
>>  KEYMAP:e:DWIMEDIT
>>
>> to your lynx.cfg file.

> Or use "Bash-like" line editor binding (and then ^Xe, or ^E^E).
> Why would anyone use anything else? :)

BTW, that was discussed a long ago, why not to use ^E^E for textarea
editing for any line editor binding (not only Bash-like) - I lost from
my memory what were the objections?

IMHO textarea editing key should be assigned by default, otherwise a
majority of users will lost the feature.

Why so much pluralism here? (^Ve, ^Xe, ^E^E, etc., but no default value)
A person who need a [huge] choice may edit lynx.cfg on a personal basis,
isn't it? From the other hand, if there is a choice, which value will be
displayed at statusline?