lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Batch makefile for MingW32 and Windows

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Batch makefile for MingW32 and Windows
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 11:32:38 +0900 (JST)

> >However, I did the next best thing:  I posted the compiled version in
> >bzipped format to the news group alt.binaries.misc.  Anyone involved in
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*
This user at least is very appreciative of the time and effort you are
putting into the "MingW32 gcc version."

> If one of the developers knows where in lynx the code was changed so that
> not reading from the keyboard blocks something, let me know.  I used the
> same slang library for release 1 of lynx2.8.2, and it works with no

Quite extensive changes were made which affected the Win32 source in
lynx2.8.3dev4.  Since then, there have been additional tweaking of the
ifdefs and a few bug fixes.  Quoting from the 1999-07-14 (2.8.3dev.4)
entry in CHANGES:

* incorporate changes for win32 by Hiroyuki Senshu <address@hidden>
  (SH) from
    ftp://crab.it.osha.sut.ac.jp/pub/Win32/develope/senshu/Lynx/
  based on his patch against 2.8.2pre.6
  Most changes are ifdef'd
    #define _WIN_CC=    .... for Windows C Compiler
    #define CJK_EX      .... CJK EXtension
    #define SH_EX       .... Senshu Hiroyuki EXtension
    #define WIN_EX      .... Windows EXtension

__Henry

*  Unfortunately I remain very pressed for time and can never seem to work
   on a compile on my own.  "alt.binaries.misc" is not accessible by me.  Is
   there anyone who can pull the binary down and put it up on some ftp or
   http server, or mail it to me (please put "ALLOW MIME TTO" in the Subject:
   header so that it will go through).