lynx-dev

lynx-dev burn all gifs (was: WN 2.2.2 released)

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev burn all gifs (was: WN 2.2.2 released)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 14:37:35 -0500

In honor of "Burn all gifs today..."

http://www.bcpl.net/~jspath/burnallgifs.html

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says:
I ache therefore I am.
Or in my case, I am therefore I ache.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: WN 2.2.2 released Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 12:51:55 -0600
CHANGES from version 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 (11/5/99)
        In honor of "burn all gifs day" (see http://burnallgifs.org/)
        I have replaced all .gif files in the distribution with
        .png files.  The .gif files were probably not legal as I
        have not paid royalties to Unisys and the files were created with
        GPL'd tools.

        I fixed up a couple of other minor problems with the Makefile
        (reported by P. Hoffman) and with the "configure" script.

        Some minor revisions and improvements to wnauth were included
        There is no real reason to upgrade to this version if you
        are using 2.2.1.

--
John Franks
address@hidden