lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2: proxying broken?

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2: proxying broken?
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 08:09:50 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> BTW, could we fix it somehow so proxy_* variable without a trailing slash
> will be ignored at least? At least when proxy_* read from lynx.cfg:
> we usually have an error recovery for lynx.cfg entries.
>
> Other possible solutions:  alert the user or insert a missing trailing slash.

See CHANGES:
1999-09-13 (2.8.3dev.9)
* Supply trailing slash for protocol_proxy settings (whether environment
  variables or lynx.cfg) in HTAccess.c if the slash was omitted and if the
  content otherwise looks normal (starts with http, no su) -KW

Somehow the description got truncated (apparently my mistake) - it
should say "(starts with http, no superfluous slashes)".

   Klaus