lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Does --enable-debug work?

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Does --enable-debug work?
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 21:39:30 -0500 (EST)

> I'm not sure what that is supposed to tell me...  Does it mean you
> do not consider "--enable-debug has no effect" a bug?

no - it's working as I thought it should:  If you _don't_ set $CFLAGS,
autoconf decides if gcc supports the -g option (some ports don't), and adds
it.  If you don't specify --enable-debug, I strip it out.  (But I don't add
it otherwise, since that would be ignoring the $CFLAGS value).

> About the configure script I just want to know how to use the dang
> thing, not how it works internally.  (Well at least not now.)

two choices:
        don't override $CFLAGS, and use --enable-debug.

        override $CFLAGS, but add -g (--enable-debug is optional)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden