lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx+ncurses / lynx+slang (was: ^L in popup corrupts screen

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx+ncurses / lynx+slang (was: ^L in popup corrupts screen)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:52:37 +1900 (EST)

> I think one *can* somehow build an ncurses lib that *does* have some
> specific terminal info compiled in, but that should not happen by
> default (if I am right that it is possible at all).

it can (called a 'fallback', and if he pointed the library to a place
where there's no terminfo directory, he could fool it into reading the
termcap file instead - but it's simpler to read the install instructions
and do it correctly).

btw - slang copies part of the logic for finding terminfo files from ncurses.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden