lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev CJK partial highliting of link in dev.13

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev CJK partial highliting of link in dev.13
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 15:44:43 +0900 (JST)

   Compiled with gcc 2.7.2.3, using slang-(0.99|1.3.8), on Solaris2.6.
   "Highlighting" for me means "COLOR:7:brightmagenta:gray," thanks to you.

>   http://www.debian.or.jp/index.html.ja
>
> Take for example the 13th link (the 10th item in the first-level UL list).
> I am "lloking" at it with "Japanese (EUC-JP)", but not with a real
> Japanese font.  The 2nd group of two bytes in the anchor text, which
> I understand means the second "character" to you, appears three times

   Character "??", the last character of the katakana syllabary.

> in that anchor text, as well as in others (links # 7, 14, 20).
>
> While on the first link of the page, enter '/', <that character>, RETURN.
> The occurrences of the character should now be highlighted (correctly)
> within the links. Now move the "selected link" down over those links.
> As you move on and over them, the searchtarget-highlighting-within-the-
> link-highlighting becomes wrong (on wrong characters, possibly some

2.8rel.3, 2.8.2rel.1 and 2.8.2dev.22
   1) Using keys like [End] or [Home], any non-selected link has correct
      highlighting of the search target.
   2) If the selected link is on a link with the search target initially,
      or you move over them, links 7 and 21 have two characters before the
      correct target highlighted, and links 13, 14 and 23 are garbled beyond
      recognition, but do have the right number of somethings highlighted.

2.8.3dev.13 (with your correction, using Hiroyuki's patch)
   1) and 2) both correct.

Wow!  Always was something I wanted to do but never could.  These past
few days have made some real history!

__Henry